- The 1979 energy crisis was one of two oil price shocks in the 1970s - the other was in 1973.
- Category 3P oil reserves represent the total amount of estimated reserves, including all proved and unproved reserves to which the company has access.
- Agribusiness is a combination of the words “agriculture” and “business” and refers to any business related to agriculture and commercial activities related to agriculture.
- The League of Arab States is a regional multinational organization of the Arabic-speaking countries of the African and Asian continents.
- A barrel of oil equivalent (BOE) is a way of standardizing natural gas and other energy resources against a barrel of oil energy.
- Crude oil is a raw natural resource that is extracted from the earth and processed into products such as gasoline, jet fuel and other petroleum products.
- Refining operations are processes associated with the transformation of oil and gas into final products.
- Estimated ultimate recovery (EUR) refers to the potential production expected from an oil well or field.
- Futures to Physical Exchange (EFP) allows one party to exchange a futures contract for the actual underlying asset.
Gemology is the science of identifying gemstones.#