– The term “American Dream” was coined in 1931 in the bestseller Epic of America.#
- James Truslow Adams described it as “a dream of a country in which life should be better, richer and fuller for all, with opportunities for each according to ability or achievement.”
- The American dream was facilitated by a number of factors that gave the United States a competitive advantage over other countries.
- Home ownership and education are often seen as ways to achieve the American dream.
- Although the definition of the American dream has changed and now means different things for different generations, it is undoubtedly part of the American spirit and probably always will be.